Information for recent applicants
For all recent applicants of Australia Awards Scholarships for study commencing in 2021, thank you for applying. You may have recently received an email notifying you that your application has been received and is being reviewed through our preliminary eligibility checking process. This will be followed by the assessment and shortlisting of eligible applications.
The below information will help you understand which stage your application is at and when you should expect to hear if you have been shortlisted for an interview.
- For those who are yet to submit supporting documentation, you are able to do so before 15 September 2020 by following the guidelines available at documentation requirements for recent applicants.
- Assessment and shortlisting phase of your applications will commence after the 15 September 2020.
- If your application is shortlisted for an interview, you should receive this notice before 30 November 2020 with details of your interview schedule. Please note that the office will only contact those applicants who have been shortlisted to attend an interview.
- The interview process is likely to take place in November / December 2020.
- Interview outcomes will be notified within a month of you attending the interview, or as per the timelines shared during the interview process. All interviewed applicants will be notified of their outcome.
- For those applicants who are successful at their scholarship interview, and are recommended / selected to be awarded an Australia Awards Scholarship, the Australia Awards – Sri Lanka and Maldives office will process your university placements as per the preferences indicated in your application and inform you once your placement has been accepted and finalised.
- Selected scholarship recipients will need to attend a pre-departure briefing conducted by the Australia Awards – Sri Lanka and Maldives office.
- Given the travel restrictions at present – selected scholarship recipients should plan to travel to Australia to commence their studies during the 2nd Semester (June/July) in 2021.
Please contact the Australia Awards – Sri Lanka and Maldives office for further information.