General Eligibility Criteria
- Be a citizen of Sri Lanka and currently residing in Sri Lanka.
- Have stable internet connectivity as well as a laptop/computer to access course content for download, webinar participation and live sessions.
- Not have applied for or hold permanent residency in either Australia or New Zealand or married, engaged to, or are a de facto of a person who holds, or is eligible to hold, Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency, at any part of the application, selection or mobilisation phases.
- Satisfy all requirements of the Department of Home Affairs for the relevant Australian Visa Subclass 500 and be able to provide attested documents for processing a visa application to enter Australia for the duration of the Short Course. This includes confirmation of full vaccination according to the guidelines provided by the Department of Home Affairs.
- Be able to obtain the necessary study and travel approvals from their employer for the time commitment required, as outlined above.
- Be able to commit to completing a Return to Work Plan (RWP) with their supervisor
- Meet the course ‘specific eligibility criteria’ below for this Short Course and adhere to the application process.
- Have access to the internet and be computer literate.
Specific eligibility criteria
To be eligible, applicants must also:
- Be junior to mid-level officers/practitioners working in the following areas (but not limited to):
- Ministry of Agriculture
- National Food Security and Research
- Relevant Provincial Government Ministries/Departments
- Relevant Private Sector organisations
- Relevant Non-Governmental and Civil Society organisations
- Demonstrate a high level of English proficiency to be able to participate in this activity by providing a letter from an employer or colleague confirming English language proficiency.
- Demonstrate digital literacy including experience with online learning and meeting platforms.
- Provide evidence of organisational support for the objectives of the course and the applicant’s participation for the duration of the program.
- Have occupied their position for at least 12 months and/or have a minimum two years of relevant work experience.
- Not be planning for retirement for 12 months after the completion of this Short Course.
- Be committed and available to participate in each of the three major components of the short course by ensuring release from usual professional duties during the course delivery phases due to its demanding subject matter.
Women, people of diverse ethnicity, ability/disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression and sex characteristics are all encouraged to apply.